Good morning everyone!
I just wanted to send out another quick reminder that it’s not too late for your students to sign up for the Lions of Michigan All State Band. The deadline for applications is December 12, so if you have students who have been on the fence, maybe have that one last encouraging conversation with them! I heard from Jason Russell, the head director, and he says we’re particularly needing trumpets (can you believe that?!) this year. If you or any students have any questions, don’t hesitate to get a hold of me.
Have a well-deserved and wonderful Thanksgiving break –
The list of musicians for the District One Honors Band is attached and congratulations to all. If there are any issues or cancellations, please email Stephanie Purvis. There are 160 musicians this year, and there will be two bands. The clinicians/directors are Mike Eagan and Les Knot.
Some important points before you head out for Thanksgiving:
- The day beings at 9:30 am (THIS A CHANGE!)
- Concert is a 7:00 pm
- There will be a light breakfast from 8:30 – 9:15 am in the cafeteria
- Lunch is at 11:55 am and is tacos, etc.
- Dinner is at 5:00 pm is sloppy joes, etc.
- Directors will have a special dinner. (please let me know if your planning on being there)
- If a student has a special diet, please make sure they bring their own food.
- Music for the students will be on the msboa1.org site and the password will be given out by Greg. Please keep access tight , as this music is copyrighted and is for the use of these students only.
- The fees are due that morning. Please have the checks written out to MSBOA District One
- In case of weather we will cancel by 6:00 am of that morning.
- Directors, please email Curt Isakson your 6:00 am phone number, and please monitor the msboa1.org site/email for notification
This can be a great experience for all, but please help by ensuring all the students have all the information and the music and they are prepared for a challenging but rewarding day of music!
I’m inquiring if anyone may have Pavilion March by Piersol that I can read. If you have it and are willing to share please send me an email.
Please check previous email for music we still need to see if you have it and can scan and email to Greg.
I received the bari sax convert I was looking for last night. I’d love another 2 baris and 2-4 tenors out of the pile of altos that we already have attending. There are currently 10 altos, 2 tenors and 1 bari in each band. It’s still a bit top-heavy.
If you have a child that played a solo and is in honor band on alto sax and you would like to convert him/her to tenor, please let me know ASAP. There are multiple ways to let me know this.
Email me at email@example.com
Tonight at home 231.861.5859.
Band room today at 231.854.6060 x 8673.
Cell (which can’t call in Hesperia but might text on days with an r) 231.288.4313
I’m finalizing the MS Honor Band list right now. Greg is working on scanning music.
Do you have any of these pieces you’d be willing to scan and post? Could you please message Greg or me?
Forward March by Paul Murtha
The Legend of Killarney by Barrett
Blast From The Past by Joseph Compello
We need another bari sax player. My tenor sax switched to bari right before S&E so I’m using him on bari. If one of you has an alto or tenor who is a good cross-over who would switch, that would be super. Please call me asap about it. Yes, even at home today.
231.854.6060 x 8673 Hesperia
Hesperia & NECS