We have several scratches this evening; however with bussing schedules, parent arrivals, etc. it is wise for us to stick with the same performance schedule for the performing groups. A scratch will simply be a 15-minute break.
Marching Band Festival is canceled for tonight and will be made up one week from tonight.
Thank you for your input and opinions that were expressed. I do appreciate the professionalism expressed in this process and your patience as we try to make a sound decision.
The purpose of the survey is to gather information and make an informed decision. Like several of my colleagues, I have a lot of conflicts with next week Wednesday. Even though I told my group “save the rain date,” many have requested time off work and their other obligations to make tonight happen. I would rather get tonight done, so that was the reasoning behind suggesting a stand-still performance as opposed to a reschedule. Next week is also P-T Conferences and asking for that off never bodes well.
The results are very mixed as expected. 6 want to cancel now, 5 want a stand-still, 4 wanted to wait and see or just gut it out anyway, and 2 said they have conflicts with next week. 7 specified “other” with responses of either to do it, no stand-still or whether or not their group could participate next week.
I hope to have a final decision ASAP.